Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Personal Opinion

I really enjoyed this book. I learned a lot from it that I had no idea was going on in the world. I have never read about technology or the businesses of America, and I found all of it really interesting. This book changed my views of America and they way things are run around the world.
I don't really feel like the flat world is effecting me much right now except for the cheaper goods and the way we can communicate with anyone around the world. As I get older though there will be less jobs and more people competing for them. If I get an "untouchable" job as Friedman says I should be secure in the work area, because my job wont get outsourced or off-shored. I feel like the flat world could be a good thing as long as I stay educated and stay focused on what I want. The same goes for friends, they should stay educated and know what to expect as we get older. The flat world could effect some f my friends by their parents losing jobs by them being off-shored, or technology stepping in and taking over. Our parents, teachers and peers could help me and other kids in the flat world by staying educated and up to date on the flat world. They could also encourage us to go after our dreams, and to inform us on what jobs wont be taken over and lost. I don't embrace the flat world, because I feel like America can't rise to the challenge. Other countries are going to get even more educated and skilled than us and they are going to beat us out on all our jobs. We would have to educated ourselves, but there are more Americans that have no idea about whats going on then Americans who do. More and more companies are going to be outsourced and off-shored and American people will suffer. Due to our education downfall we will fall behind on technology and we will start buying from other countries and they are going to get ahead of the game. Otherwise America is going to fall, more than it is already.

No comments: